Soul
You slept in my room last night because its your favorite thing to do. I let you sleep with me on Friday nights as a treat, but I would let you every night if I thought it was ok for you! I love it just as much as you :) Every day you ask me how many days until Friday and you can sleep with me again. I just checked on you in your bed - Sometimes you still look like such a baby to me and I guess you still are.
We just finished the movie Soul tonight. As usual, I cried because it made me think of you so much. If there is anything in this world I hope for it's that you and Ellie are happy. The world is getting a little weird and growing up definitely has some hard times, but when you find something you love and are passionate about, nothing else matters and no one can take that from you. I also want you to know that no matter how hard things get or how sad you are, or the worst you ever feel about something, that you can always talk to me or just lean on me. You don't have to tell me what you did or what they did or what you're going through, but things are going to get hard, friends are going to come and go, girlfriends or boyfriends are going to come and go, but I will always be here for you - As a friend, a parent, whatever you need.
Comments
Post a Comment